An age hardened super alloy with exceptional strength at high temperatures
- Extreme high temperature strength
- Service temperatures up to 1600°F (870°C)
- Very oxidation resistant
- Waspaloy chemistry & specifications
- Datasheet for Waspaloy
- Waspaloy socket head cap screw features and benefits
Waspaloy socket head cap screws are known for their superb high strength at elevated temperatures. Waspaloy is a high performance nickel alloy combined with cobalt, chrome and molybdenum to create it’s unique combination of strength and high temperature stability.
Similar to that of Inconel 718 screws, Waspaloy socket head cap screws exceed the strength and stability of Inconel 718 at elevated temperatures beyond 1400°F. In addition, the oxidation resistance of Waspaloy socket head cap screws make it an ideal materials for high temperature applications like gas turbines engines, and a variety of other aerospace components.
Resources: Waspaloy Torque Specs
When it comes to Waspaloy socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a Waspaloy hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as Waspaloy socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
Waspaloy is a solution annealed and age hardended alloy which provides its high strength properties. There are a few aging varieties however the AMS 5708 is one of the more common.
Waspaloy Specifications: UNS N07001, ASTM B 637, AMS 5708, AMS 5709, EN 2.4654, Werkstoff 2.4654