Ultra-strength combined with extreme temperature capabilities
- Extreme high strength properties up to 275 ksi ultimate tensile.
- Maintains superior strength to 1100°F.
- MP159 chemisty and specification
- Datasheet for MP159
- MP159 hex bolt features & benefits
As aerospace engineering advances, so must the materials to meet the technological requirements of this industry. Bolts made from MP159 have been developed to provide a solution to high temperature, high strength components. MP159 hex head bolts offer strength capabilities similar to other Cobalt Alloys (MP35N) but can be used at much higher temperatures - up to 1100°F, compared to MP35N’s usable limit of 800F. In addition, MP159 hex bolts can be used beyond 1100°F in short term situations.
- High ultimate tensile strength of 275 ksi and yield strength of 265 ksi (Cold Worked and Age Hardened) combined with excellent ductility and toughness
- Similar corrosion resistance compared to MP35N which is usable in mineral acids, hydrogen sulfide, seawater and salt spray environments.
- Excellent fatigue resistance and creep strength at elevated temperatures
- Excellent resistance to crevice corrosion, stress corrosion cracking and hydrogen embrittlement
- The aerospace industry relies on MP159 hex bolts for its most advanced gas turbine and jet engines, rocket boosters and jet propulsion systems.
- Power generation and chemical processing utilize MP159 hex head bolts for applications that demand high strength at extreme temperatures.
Resources: MP159 Torque Spec
It is important to differentiate between a Incoloy hex head bolt and hex head cap screw. Often people assume they are the same, but they are actually very different fasteners in terms of how they are manufactured, as well as from an application perspectiv. Regardless of your choice, MP159 hex heads offer strong, stable joints because of their large head service.
The Hex Comparison
Hex Head Bolts
|Hex Head Cap Screw|
| || |
MP159N Specifications: UNS R30159