Metal-like performance from a light weight plastic
- Exceptional strength and stiffness up to 275°C (525°F)
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Superior toughness from cryogenic up to 275°C
- Resistant to strong acids and most organics
- Inherent flame resistance
- Metal-like coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- PAI / Torlon material datasheet
Polyamide-imide or Torlon® screws are one of the strongest and toughest polymer screws available. Having the highest strength and stiffness of any pure thermoplastic up to 275°C (525°F), Torlon screws are geared for the most demanding mechanical and high temperature applications. Torlon screws also have outstanding resistance to wear, creep and most chemicals.
Torlon screws are available in a glass fiber reinforced grade which improves the strength, modulus and creep resistance. Because of the outstanding mechanical properties of Torlon screws, they can be used as a replacement for metal screws some applications.
Torlon screws are available in both metric and standard sizes. Please contact us if you have any questions about Torlon screws, their characteristics and their availability.
Screws made from customer specified polyamide-imide grades are available upon request.
Torlon Mechanical Properties