One of the highest strength alloys available to industry
- Extreme high strength properties up to 300 ksi ultimate tensile.
- Good in moderately elevated temperatures of 800°F.
- Moderate corrosion resistance.
- MP35N Chemistry, specs, and heat treatments.
- MP35N pan head screw features and benefits
MP35N pan head screws are known for their extraordinary strength and are the strongest screws we offer at Extreme Bolt. MP35N screws owe their extraordinary strength to a unique alloy combination of nickel, cobalt, chrome and molybdenum and have ultimate tensile strengths that range from 227 ksi to 294 ksi (with age hardening).
Beyond the strength of MP35N pan head screws, they are also exhibit good corrosion resistance and can resist most mineral acids, hydrogen sulfide, seawater and salt spray environments.
MP35N screws are also resistant to high temperature oxidation and could operate in environments up to 800°F and still maintain much of its strength.
Applications where MP35N pan head screws are often found are: aerospace, defense, marine, chemical processing, oil and gas and medical.
Resources: MP35N Torque Spec
Pan head screws are flat on top and rounded on the sides. MP35N pan head screws are ideal for:
- Small diameter fasteners – especially when the fastener size needed is too small for a wrench.
- When phillips or slotted drivers are desired. For many high strength specialty alloys, only slotted drives are available.
- Low torque applications because the drivers don’t offer as much force as a wrench.
- Large diameter head provides more clamping area.
How Are They Different from Button Head Screws?
MP35N pan head and button head screws have very similar profiles however, button head screws allow for a hex socket driver whereas pan head screws do not.
Heat Treating & Aging: MP35N is usually supplied in heat treated and cold drawn condition AMS 5844. In this state the MP35N can be worked into the desired fastener form and aged to the AMS 5845 specification. Once aged, the MP35N material could achieve it full strength potential.
MP35N Specifications: AMS 5844, AMS 5845, AMS7468, ASTM F562, NACE MR0175