Metal-like performance from a light weight plastic
- Exceptional strength and stiffness up to 275°C (525°F)
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Superior toughness from cryogenic up to 275°C
- Resistant to strong acids and most organics
- Inherent flame resistance
- Metal-like coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- Custom injection molded & machined parts
- PAI / Torlon material datasheet
Polyamide-imide fasteners or Torlon® fasteners are one of the strongest and toughest polymer fasteners available. Having the highest strength and stiffness of any pure thermoplastic up to 275°C (525°F), Torlon fasteners are geared for the most demanding mechanical and high temperature applications. Torlon fasteners also have outstanding resistance to wear, creep and most chemicals.
Torlon fasteners are available in a glass fiber reinforced grade which improves the strength, modulus and creep resistance. Because of the outstanding mechanical properties Torlon® fasteners they can be used as a replacement for metal fasteners in some applications
Torlon fasteners are available in both metric and standard sizes. Please contact us if you have any questions about Torlon fasteners, their characteristics and their availability.
Fasteners made from customer specified polyamide-imide grades are available upon request.
Torlon Mechanical Properties