Though they sound similar, a hex head bolt and hex head cap screw are actually very different fasteners in terms of how they are manufactured, as well as from an application perspective. Regardless of your choice, hex heads offer strong, stable joints because of their large head service.
|Hex Head Cap Screw Sizes |
• #00 - 6"
• M1.2 - M150
• Fine and course threads
• Partially and fully threaded
|Hex Head Bolt Specifications |
• ASME B18.2.1
• DIN 931 / ISO 4014
• DIN 933 / ISO 4017
The Hex Differences
Hex Head Bolt
• Appropriate for when mechanical properties are more important than dimensional tolerances.
• Hex bolts have a flat end and lack the washer face under the head.
Hex Head Cap Screw
• Precise applications where tight tolerances on the body dimensions are required.
• Features flat washer facing under the bolt head.
• Also called a finished hex bolt.
Learn more about the various types of threads and their specific attributes, as will as Extreme Bolt's thread capabilities on our Thread Options page.