Outstanding chemical resistance at elevated temperatures
- Virtually inert to most organics, acids and bases
- Usable up to 260°C / 500°F but weakens significantly
- Excellent electrical insulator
- High purity for sensitive pharmaceutical and food type applications
- Custom injection molded & machined parts
- PTFE material datasheet
PTFE fasteners are made from the fluoropolymer polytetrafluoroethylene and are known for being exceptionally corrosion resistant and inert at elevated temperatures. PTFE fasteners are inert to most chemical environments including organics, acids, bases, mixed chemicals and hyrdofluoric acid. Additionally PTFE fasteners are bio-inert and will not leach into or contaminate sensitive pharmaceuticals or food based products.
Compared to other high performance polymer fasteners like PEEK or PVDF, PTFE fasteners offer the best all-around corrosion resistance especially at elevated temperatures. However the trade-off for its extraordinary corrosion resistance is the lower tensile strength compared to PVDF or PEEK fasteners.