Ultra-strength combined with extreme temperature capabilities
- Extreme high strength properties up to 275 ksi ultimate tensile.
- Maintains superior strength to 1100°F.
- MP159 chemisty and specification
- MP159 shoulder bolt features & benefits
- Datasheet for MP159
As aerospace engineering advances, so must the materials to meet the technological requirements of this industry. Bolts made from MP159 have been developed to provide a solution to high temperature, high strength components. MP159 shoulder bolts offer strength capabilities similar to other Cobalt Alloys (MP35N) but can be used at much higher temperatures - up to 1100°F, compared to MP35N’s usable limit of 800F. In addition, MP159 bolts can be used beyond 1100°F in short term situations.
- High ultimate tensile strength of 275 ksi and yield strength of 265 ksi (Cold Worked and Age Hardened) combined with excellent ductility and toughness
- Similar corrosion resistance compared to MP35N which is usable in mineral acids, hydrogen sulfide, seawater and salt spray environments.
- Excellent fatigue resistance and creep strength at elevated temperatures
- Excellent resistance to crevice corrosion, stress corrosion cracking and hydrogen embrittlement
- The aerospace industry relies on MP159 shoulder bolts for its most advanced gas turbine and jet engines, rocket boosters and jet propulsion systems.
- Power generation and chemical processing utilize MP159 bolts for applications that demand high strength at extreme temperatures.
Resources: MP159 Torque Spec
MP159 Bolt Types: Hex Head Bolts, Shoulder Bolts
MP159 Shoulder Bolt Features and Benefits
MP159 shoulder bolts, also called stripper bolts are a unique fastener with three main parts: head, shoulder, and thread. The head has the largest diameter and is where the torque is applied, typically with a socket driver. The shoulder is smooth and unthreaded, and has a set diameter and length. The shoulder’s role is to act as a shaft or dowel for rotating parts, axles for rolling parts, guides for sliding elements, and pivot points. The final part of a MP159 shoulder bolt is the threaded shaft. The threaded portion of a shoulder bolt has a major diameter slightly smaller than the shoulder diameter.
MP159 Chemistry and Specifications
MP159N Specifications: UNS R30159
MP159 High Strength Data