An age hardened version of Incoloy 825 with improved strength.
Incoloy 925 fasteners and flanges are made of a precipitation hardened nickel alloy. It offers comparable corrosion resistance to it’s sister alloy Incoloy 825, but with the increased strength resulting from the age hardening process. In addition, Incoloy 925 also contains additional levels of titanium and aluminum compared to 825. Incoloy 925 fasteners and flanges are ideal for use in applications that require a combination of high strength and corrosion resistance. For more indepth information, download our Incoloy 925 datasheet.
Incoloy 925 fasteners and flanges are known to have outstanding resistance to general corrosion, pitting, crevice corrosion, and stress-corrosion cracking in many aqueous environments including those containing sulfides and chlorides. In addition, the higher nickel content than Incoloy 800, gives it improved protection against chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking. The added molybdenum and copper provides resistance to reducing chemicals.
- Good protection in oxidizing and reducing atmosphere
- Good resistance to chloride ion stress-corrosion cracking
- Excellent resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion
Incoloy 925 fasteners and flanges remain strong at temperatures up to 1200°F (650°C).
- Often used for down-hole and surface gas-well because of their excellent resistance to sulfide stress cracking and stress-corrosion cracking in “sour” (H2S containing) crude oil and natural gas.
Marine and pump shafts or high-strength piping systems.
Incoloy 925 Physical Properties
- Density (lb / cu. in.): 0.292
- Specific Gravity: 8.14
- Specific Heat (Btu/lb/Deg F - [32-212 Deg F]): 0.109
- Electrical Resistivity (microhm-cm (at 68 Deg F)): 701
- Melting Range (Deg F): 2392-2490
- Poissons Ratio: 0.281
- Mean Coefficient of Thermal Expansion: 7.32
- Magnetic Permeability: 1.01
- Modulus of Elasticity Tension: 28.7
Incoloy 925 Strength Properties
For common comparison, Incoloy 925 (167.3 ksi tensile, solution treated & aged) offers a level of strength that is greater than Inconel 625 (144 ksi tensile) but less than that of age-hardened Inconel 718 (210 ksi tensile, annealed & aged).
Resources: Incoloy Torque Specs, Flange Dimensions, Flange Bolting Chart
Incoloy Fastener Types: Bolts, Nuts, Screws, Threaded Rods, Washers
Flange Types Available: Blind Flanges, Lap Joint Flanges, Slip On Flanges, Socket Weld Flanges, Threaded Flanges, Weld Neck Flanges
Incoloy 925 Chemistry and Specifications
Incoloy 925 Specifications: UNS N09925, ASTM B637, NACE MR0175
Incoloy 925 Mechanical Properties