For Thread Galling Prevention
- Protects against seizure, heat-freeze, and galling
- Lowers friction on installation and reduces torque
- Reduces maintenance costs by minimizing bolt breakage
- Not affected by contraction, expansion, or vibration
- Good for both high temperature and corrosive environments
Extreme Anti-Seize Lubricant is one of the easiest ways to avoid galling and seizing of fasteners. Thread galling is a common problem encountered when using all metal bolts and nuts. When thread galling occurs, the fastener is not just over-tight, but actually cold-welded as a result of friction, pressure, oxidation and corrosion. There are some simple steps you can take to minimize thread galling, and one of the simplest is to use Extreme Anti-Seize. Extreme Anti-Seize is a specialized formulation of molybdenum disulfide and surface modified synthetic graphite. This blend effectively prevents metallic contact and minimize abrading. Furthermore Extreme Ant-Seize is suitable for use in high temperature applications ranging from -65°F (-54°C) to 2400°F (1316°C). Extreme Anti-seize can be used on any of our specialty metals and will be resistant to most corrosive media as well.
Extreme Anti-Seize Compliance
- Military Specification MIL-PRF-907F
- Raytheon Specification M8656839 Type II
Thread Galling Prevention
For more information on additional methods to prevent thread galling, please visit our blog.