Exceptional purity and chemical resistance
- High Purity and low extractables
- Chemically resistant to many harsh environments
- Mechanical strength and toughness to 150°C (300°F)
- Resistance to a broad range of sterilization methods
- Resistance to weathering and fungi
- Custom injection molded & machined parts
- PVDF material datasheet
PVDF fasteners, also known as Kynar, are made from a tough engineered fluoro-thermoplastic that offers a unique balance of excellent chemical resistance and good strength properties.
• Ultraviolet and nuclear radiation
• Standard sterilization methods
• Weathering and fungi
• Common solvents, acids, salts, oils and steam
PVDF fasteners have the characteristic stability of fluoropolymers when exposed to harsh chemical and ultraviolet environments but are much stronger mechanically than PTFE or PFA polymers. PVDF fasteners also excel in high purity and low-permeability applications such as pharmaceutical and semi-conductor processing.
PVDF fasteners are available in most metric and standard sizes. See our online store (top right) for common sizes or contact us for your specific requirements.