Specialty Metal Hose Clamps- For Secure Connections in Corrosive Environments
Hose Clamp Types
Extreme Bolt & Fastener specializes in two types of specialty material hose clamps. Both are used to attach and seal a hose onto a fitting such as a barb or nipple, yet each has a different design offering distinct benefits for specific applications. Learn more about these two difference styles by clicking on the links below:
- Worm Drive Hose Clamps – Available in Titanium Grade 2
- Medium Duty Hose Clamps – Available in Hastelloy and Titanium
The most commonly used style, worm drive hose clamps are distinguished by the slotted band which wraps the hose. This band features has screw pattern which is cut into the band to form this slotted pattern. At the end of the band there is a screw housing. To tighten, the loose end of the band is fed into a housing. When the screw is turned clockwise, it feeds slotted band through the threads of the screw like a gear, gripping each slot as it’s threaded through. This pulls the band tighter, locking it secure.
- Grade 2 Titanium
|TITANIUM HOSE CLAMPS STANDARD SIZES|
|SAE #||Size (in)|
|10||5/8” – 15/16”|
|12||7/8" - 1.25"|
|16||1.0625 – 1.5”|
|24||1” – 2”|
|32||1.5” – 2.5”|
|36||1.75” – 2.75”|
|44||2.25” – 3.25”|
|52||2.75” – 3.75”|
|64||3.5" – 4.5"|
|96||5.3" to 6.5"|
- Economical and reusable.
- Flexibility and serviceability as worm drive hose clamps can easily be installed and changed in the field with just a standard screwdriver
- Ability to install and remove the clamp without disconnecting the hose
- Large diameter range which is useful if tubing relaxes and needs more clamping force
- Screw pattern slats cut into the band lowers the overall strength and can bend with high tension and fatigue with reuse.
- Not recommended for use with silicone (soft) hose or tube.
- Has a flat spot below the screw mechanism that can result in uneven pressure around the fitting
- Offer a firm, stiff fit which is beneficial but can lead to a loss in fit if there is a slight relaxation in the hose.
Unlike a worm drive where one side of the clamp band feeds though the fastener, held in place with a gear, here each side of the hose clamp is firmly secured directly to the other. Medium duty hose clamps feature a nut-and-bolt hose clamp with rolled band edges. This provides a more reliable, higher torque seal for both high and low pressure hose applications. The non-perforated, smooth band eliminates any risk of damage to the hose that can come with the slotted band of a worm drive. All sizes close to form a perfect circle, while the uniform 360º clamping ensures maximum sealing efficiency. Medium duty hose clamps are available in titanium grade 2 and Hastelloy C276.
- Hastelloy C276
- Grade 2 Titanium
- Constant pressure applied.
- Even distribution of sealing pressure around the entire hose
- Can be easily tightened or loosen with a wrench
- Strength is based on the torque of the bolt and nut, rather than the strength of the slotted drive of a worm drive band
- Ideal for high clamping force applications
- Clamp can be opened and fastened in place without dislodging the hose
- Small range of clamping force. Typically made for a specific diameter
- Screw and nut must be removed in order to open the hose clamp for attachment