Outstanding chemical resistance at elevated temperatures
- Virtually inert to most organics, acids and bases
- Usable up to 260°C / 500°F and tougher than PTFE
- Excellent electrical insulator
- High purity for sensitive pharmaceutical and food type applications
- Custom injection molded & machined parts
- PFA material datasheet
PFA fasteners made from perfluoroalkoxy alkanes (PFAs) are fluoropolymers with properties similar to polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). PFA's are known for being exceptionally corrosion resistant and inert at elevated temperatures. PFA fasteners are inert to most chemical environments including organics, acids, bases, mixed chemicals and hyrdofluoric acid. Additionally PFA fasteners are bio-inert and will not leach into or contaminate sensitive pharmaceuticals or food based products.
Compared to other high performance polymer fasteners like PEEK or PVDF, PFA fasteners offer the best all-around corrosion resistance especially at elevated temperatures. However the trade-off for its extraordinary corrosion resistance is its lower tensile strength compared to PVDF or PEEK fasteners.
PFA Fastener Types: Bolts, Nuts, Screws, Threaded Rods, Washers