An engineered high temperature resistant steel
- Excellent high temperature stability
- Very oxidation and carburization resistant to 2100°F
- Good resistance to thermal shock and quenching
- Alloy 330 socket head cap screw features and benefits
Alloy 330 socket head cap screws are specifically designed for high temperature furnace applications. Alloy 330 screws unique combination of properties allow 330 socket head cap screws to handle thermal shock from quenching, be oxidation and carburization resistant as well as handle thermal cycling well. As a result, alloy 330 socket head cap screws are found in high temperature applications like vacuum furnaces, heat treating and brazing applications.
Resources: Alloy 330 Torque Specs
When it comes to Alloy 330 socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a Alloy 330 hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as Alloy 330 socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.