Metal-like performance from a light weight plastic
- Exceptional strength and stiffness up to 275°C (525°F)
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Superior toughness from cryogenic up to 275°C
- Resistant to strong acids and most organics
- Inherent flame resistance
- Metal-like coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- PAI / Torlon material datasheet
Polyamide-imide bolts or Torlon® bolts are one of the strongest and toughest polymer bolts available. Having the highest strength and stiffness of any pure thermoplastic up to 275°C (525°F), Torlon bolts are geared for the most demanding mechanical and high temperature applications. Torlon bolts also have outstanding resistance to wear, creep and most chemicals.
Torlon bolts are available in a glass fiber reinforced grade which improves the strength, modulus and creep resistance. Because of the outstanding mechanical properties of Torlon bolts, they can be used as a replacement for metal bolts some applications.
Torlon bolts are available in both metric and standard sizes. Please contact us if you have any questions about Torlon bolts, their characteristics and their availability.
Bolts made from customer specified polyamide-imide grades are available upon request.
Bolt Types Available: Hex Bolts
Torlon Mechanical Properties