An extremely strong precipitation hardened stainless steel
- Well suited for high strength applciaitons
- Up to 4x stronger than 316 stainless steel
- Maintains its mechanical strength up to 600°F
- 17-4 PH Chemistry & Specifications
- ASTM F593 Gr 630
- ASTM A564 Gr 630
- 17-4 PH socket head cap screw features and benefits
- 17-4PH Datasheet
17-4 PH socket head cap screws are made from a precipitation hardened stainless steel most known for its exceptional strength and its ability to maintain its mechanical properties to 600°F. Compared to 316 stainless steel, 17-4 PH socket head cap screws yield strength is up over 4 times greater. When compared to Duplex 2205 socket head cap screws, the yield strength of 17-4 PH can be up to 2-½ times greater.
17-4 socket head cap screws are available in 8 different aged (precipitation hardened) conditions offering a variety of mechanical properties (see below).
Resources: 17-4PH Torque Specs
17-4 PH Screw Types: 12 Point Screws, Button Head Cap Screws, Flat Head Screws, Hex Cap Screws, Pan Head Screws, Set Screws, Socket Head Cap Screws, Tamper Resistant Security Screws, Torx Screws, Vented Screws
17-4 PH Socket Head Cap Screw Features and Benefits
When it comes to 17-4 PH socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a 17-4 PH hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as 17-4 PH socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
17-4PH Chemistry & Specifications
17-4PH Specifications: UNS S17400, AISI 630, ASTM A564-630, Werkstoff 1.4542, AMS 5604 Sheet, Strip and Plate, ASTM A 693 Plate
ASTM F593, Grade 630
This specification covers seven groups of stainless steel alloys, with ASTM F593, Grade 630 applying 17-4PH. ASTM F593 Grade 630 covers the requirements for 17-4PH stainless steel bolts, hex cap screws, and studs sized 0.25 to 1.50 inches, inclusive, in nominal diameter. It is intended for common use and for service applications requiring general corrosion resistance.
Common 17-4 Fastener Conditions: Aged Conditions vs Tensile Strength
ASTM A564 GR 630
This specification covers bars and shapes (such as fasteners) of age hardened stainless steels such as 17-4PH. It includes hot-finished or cold-finished fasteners that are produced by hot rolling, extruding, or forging. Grade 630 shall be furnished in the solution-annealed or or age-hardened condition.