An engineered high temperature resistant steel
- Excellent high temperature stability and strength
- Very oxidation and carburization resistant to 2100°F
- Good resistance to thermal shock and quenching
- Chemistry and specifications of alloy 330
- Alloy 330 hex head bolt features and benefits
Alloy 330 hex head bolts are specifically designed for high temperature furnace applications such as vacuum furnaces, heat treating and brazing applications. The most prized trait of alloy 330 is its ability perform under cyclic conditions of temperature extremes from heating and cooling; as well as in alternate carburizing and oxidizing atmospheres. An austenitic, nickel-chromium-iron-silicon alloy, 330 hex head bolts also offer industry a low coefficient of expansion, excellent ductility, and high strength.
Benefits & Corrosion Resistance
- Resistance to thermal shock from repeated quenching
- High level of resistance to oxidation and carburization
- Ability to handle thermal cycling
- Provides resistance to scale formation up to about 2000°F
- Good resistance to nitrogen-containing atmospheres where the oxygen content is low
- High nickel content of 34-37% provides high resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking and embrittlement
Applications for Alloy 330 Hex Head Bolts
- Alloy 330 hex bolts are often used in furnaces, thermal processing and heat treating applications.
- Gas turbine components and boiler fixtures used in power generation often use Alloy 330 hex head bolts.
- Because of its resistance to nitrogen rich environments, alloy 330 hex bolts are used extensively for components handling cracked ammonia.
|Alloy 330 Properties|
|Tensile Strength (ksi)||80-85|
|Yield Strength (ksi)||30-43|
|Elongation in 2”||40-45|
|Rockwell B Hardness||70-85|
|Specific Heat (Btu/lb/°F (32°-212°F)||0.11|
|Modulus of Elasticity Tension||28.5|
Resources: Alloy 330 Torque Specs
It is important to differentiate between a alloy 330 hex head bolt and hex head cap screw. Often people assume they are the same, but they are actually very different fasteners in terms of how they are manufactured, as well as from an application perspective. Regardless of your choice, alloy 330 hex heads offer strong, stable joints because of their large head service.
The Hex Comparison
Hex Head Bolts
|Hex Head Cap Screw|
| || |
Alloy 330 (UNS N08330) is best known for its extreme high temperature strength and stability. One of the most unique attributes of Alloy 330 is its ability to handle cyclic temperature changes from extreme high temperatures to cooling phases, as well as in oxidation-rich environements.
Alloy 330 Specifications: UNS N08330, AMS 5592, AMS 5716, ASME SB 511, ASME SB 536, ASTM B 511, ASTM B 512, ASTM B 535, ASTM B 536, ASTM B 546, ASTM B 710, ASTM B 739, EN 10095, Werkstoff 1.4886