Exceptional purity and chemical resistance with moderate strength
- High Purity and low extractables
- Chemically resistant to most common solvents including acids, salts, oils and steam
- Mechanical strength and toughness to 150°C (300°F)
- Resistance to ultraviolet, nuclear radiation, and standard sterilization methods
- Resistance to weathering and fungi
- PVDF material datasheet
PVDF flanges / Kynar® flanges are made from a tough engineered fluoro-thermoplastic that offers a unique balance of excellent chemical resistance and good strength properties.
PVDF flanges have the characteristic stability of fluoropolymers when exposed to harsh chemical and ultraviolet environments but are much stronger mechanically than PTFE or PFA polymers. PVDF flanges also excel in high purity and low-permeability applications such as pharmaceutical and semi-conductor processing.