One of the highest strength alloys available to industry
- Extreme high strength properties up to 300 ksi ultimate tensile.
- Good in moderately elevated temperatures of 800°F.
- Moderate corrosion resistance.
- MP35N Chemistry, specifications, and heat treatments
- Datasheet for MP35N
- MP35N socket head cap screw features and benefits
MP35N socket head cap screws are known for their extraordinary strength and are the strongest screws we offer at Extreme Bolt. MP35N socket head cap screws owe their extraordinary strength to a unique alloy combination of nickel, cobalt, chrome and molybdenum and have ultimate tensile strengths that range from 227 ksi to 294 ksi (with age hardening).
Beyond the strength of MP35N socket head cap screws, they are also exhibit good corrosion resistance and can resist most mineral acids, hydrogen sulfide, seawater and salt spray environments.
MP35N socket head cap screws are also resistant to high temperature oxidation and could operate in environments up to 800°F and still maintain much of its strength.
Applications where MP35N socket head cap screws are often found are: aerospace, defense, marine, chemical processing, oil and gas and medical.
Resources: MP35N Torque Spec
When it comes to MP35N socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a MP35N hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as MP35N socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
Heat Treating & Aging: MP35N is usually supplied in heat treated and cold drawn condition AMS 5844. In this state the MP35N can be worked into the desired fastener form and aged to the AMS 5845 specification. Once aged, the MP35N material could achieve it full strength potential.
MP35N Specifications: AMS 5844, AMS 5845, AMS7468, ASTM F562, NACE MR0175