An engineered high temperature resistant steel
- Excellent high temperature stability and strength
- Very oxidation and carburization resistant to 2100°F
- Good resistance to thermal shock and quenching
- Alloy 330 chemistry and specifications
- Datasheet for Alloy 330
Alloy 330 washers are specifically designed for high temperature furnace applications such as vacuum furnaces, heat treating and brazing applications. The most prized trait of alloy 330 is its ability perform under cyclic conditions of temperature extremes from heating and cooling; as well as in alternate carburizing and oxidizing atmospheres. An austenitic nickel-chromium-iron-silicon alloy, 330 washers also offer industry a low coefficient of expansion, excellent ductility, and high strength.
Benefits & Corrosion Resistance
- Resistance to thermal shock from repeated quenching
- High level of resistance to oxidation and carburization
- Ability to handle thermal cycling
- Provides resistance to scale formation up to about 2000°F
- Good resistance to nitrogen-containing atmospheres where the oxygen content is low
- High nickel content of 34-37% provides high resistance to chloride stress corrosion cracking and embrittlement
Applications for Alloy 330 Washers
- Alloy 330 washers are often used in furnaces, thermal processing and heat treating applications.
- Gas turbine components and boiler fixtures used in power generation often use Alloy 330 washers.
- Because of its resistance to nitrogen rich environments, alloy 330 washers are used extensively for components handling cracked ammonia.
|Alloy 330 Properties|
|Tensile Strength (ksi)||80-85|
|Yield Strength (ksi)||30-43|
|Elongation in 2”||40-45|
|Rockwell B Hardness||70-85|
|Specific Heat (Btu/lb/°F (32°-212°F)||0.11|
|Modulus of Elasticity Tension||28.5|
Resources: Alloy 330 Torque Specs
Alloy 330 Washer Types: Flat Washers & Lock Washers
Alloy 330 Chemistry and Specifications
Alloy 330 (UNS N08330) is best known for its extreme high temperature strength and stability. One of the most unique attributes of Alloy 330 is its ability to handle cyclic temperature changes from extreme high temperatures to cooling phases, as well as in oxidation-rich environements.
Alloy 330 Specifications: UNS N08330, AMS 5592, AMS 5716, ASME SB 511, ASME SB 536, ASTM B 511, ASTM B 512, ASTM B 535, ASTM B 536, ASTM B 546, ASTM B 710, ASTM B 739, EN 10095, Werkstoff 1.4886