Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges are made of a stainless steel alloy containing 25% chromium, 4% molybdenum, and 7% nickel. Duplex 2507 is known for its high strength and excellent localized corrosion resistance to chloride. This alloy is widely used for its yield strength which is twice that of annealed austenitic stainless steels, like 304 and 316 stainless.
Super Duplex 2507 Strength
Offering high impact and mechanical strength, Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges can be used at temperatures up to 570°F before you will see a reduction in strength.
Super Duplex Corrosion Resistance
Chloride corrosion resistance is one of the key attributes of Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges due to its specialty metal makeup. The high molybdenum, chromium and nitrogen content of Super Duplex provides these fasteners excellent resistance to chloride corrosion such as pitting and crevice attack, while its ferritic structure makes it very resistant to stress corrosion cracking in warm chloride environments. Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges also provide uniform corrosion protection from organic acids such as formic and acetic acid, plus inorganic acids, especially those containing chlorides. In addition, 2507 fasteners are highly resistant to carbide-related intergranular corrosion due to their low carbon content (0.020% in weight).
- Very high resistance to pitting, erosion and crevice corrosion, as well as corrosion fatigue
- Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking (SCC) in chloride environments
- High resistance to general corrosion in acids
- Very high mechanical strength
- Good weldability: Can be readily joined to itself or other materials
- High thermal conductivity
- Low coefficient of thermal expansion, close to that of carbon steel.
Density: 7,800 kg/m3
Ultimate Tensile Strength: 125 ksi
Yield Strength: 82 ksi
Thermal Conductivity at room temperature: 8.7 (BTU/hr•ft•°F)
Electrical Resistivity: 31.5 (in x 10-6)
Super Duplex 2507 Uses
- Process and service water systems, ballast water systems, and desalinization plants utilize 2507’s resistance to chloride.
- Mechanical assemblies and infrastructure relies on Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges for their ability to withstand a high mechanical load in seawater.
- Super Duplex 2507 fasteners and flanges are also used in offshore platforms, as well as oil & gas exploration and production to protect from seawater.
- Power industry flue-gas desulfurization systems and geothermal exploration units also rely on 2507 fasteners.
Super Duplex 2507, UNS S32750, is a two-phase stainless steel and is particularly well suited for use in environments such as warm chlorinated seawater and acidic, chloride containing media. It has similiar properties to Duplex 2205 but is more corrosion resistant and performs well in moderately corrosive environments.
Super Duplex Specifications: EN 10216-5, ASTM A789; A790, ASTM A182 ASTM A182, ASTM A815, ASTM A240, EN 10088-2, ASTM A479, EN 10088-3 EN 10088, ISO 15156-3, NACE MR0175, Werkstoff 1.4410 S.Duplex