Medium Duty Hose Clamps Ideal for High Pressure Applications
Unlike a worm drive where one side of the clamp band feeds though the fastener, held in place with a gear, here each side of the hose clamp is firmly secured directly to the other. Medium duty hose clamps feature a nut-and-bolt hose clamp with rolled band edges. This provides a more reliable, higher torque seal for both high and low pressure hose applications. The non-perforated, smooth band eliminates any risk of damage to the hose that can come with the slotted band of a worm drive. All sizes close to form a perfect circle, while the uniform 360º clamping ensures maximum sealing efficiency. Medium duty hose clamps are available in titanium grade 2 and Hastelloy C276.
- Constant pressure applied.
- Even distribution of sealing pressure around the entire hose
- Can be easily tightened or loosen with a wrench
- Strength is based on the torque of the bolt and nut, rather than the strength of the slotted drive of a worm drive band
- Ideal for high clamping force applications
- Clamp can be opened and fastened in place without dislodging the hose
- Small range of clamping force. Typically made for a specific diameter
- Screw and nut must be removed in order to open the hose clamp for attachment