Metal-like performance from a light weight plastic
- Exceptional strength and stiffness up to 275°C (525°F)
- Outstanding wear resistance
- Superior toughness from cryogenic up to 275°C
- Resistant to strong acids and most organics
- Inherent flame resistance
- Metal-like coefficient of linear thermal expansion
- Torlon socket head cap screw features and benefits
Torlon® socket head cap screws are one of the strongest and toughest polymer screws available. Having the highest strength and stiffness of any pure thermoplastic up to 275°C (525°F), Torlon socket head cap screws are geared for the most demanding mechanical and high temperature applications. Torlon socket head cap screws also have outstanding resistance to wear, creep and most chemicals.
Torlon socket head cap screws are available in a glass fiber reinforced grade which improves the strength, modulus and creep resistance. Because of the outstanding mechanical properties of Torlon screws, they can be used as a replacement for metal screws some applications.
Torlon socket head cap screws are available in both metric and standard sizes. Please contact us if you have any questions about Torlon screws, their characteristics and their availability.
Socket head cap screws made from customer specified polyamide-imide grades are available upon request.
When it comes to Torlon socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a Torlon hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as Torlon socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
Torlon Mechanical Properties