The ultimate temperature resistant polymer
- Temperature resistant up to 300°C (572°F) continuous and 500°C (932°F) intermittent
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance
- Chemically resistant to common solvents including acids, salts, and oils
- Low out gassing, low particle generation and inherent purity
- Unique physical, thermal & eletrical properties
- Vespel pan head screw features and benefits
Polyimide or Vespel® pan head screws are made from an advanced temperature resistant polyimide resin. Vespel pan head screws offer a unique balance of mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties for outstanding performance in a variety of demanding applications such as automotive, machinery, industrial equipment, aerospace, and semiconductor equipment.
Polyimide screws or Vespel screws also have the unique combination of properties such as excellent mechanical strength and toughness, exceptional radiation resistance, robust chemical resistance to many solvents, a low coefficient of thermal expansion, excellent creep resistance and flame retardance.
Vespel pan head screws are available in both metric and standard sizes. Contact us to learn more about polyimide screws or Vespel screws properties and availability.
Pan head screws are flat on top and rounded on the sides. Vespel pan head screws are ideal for:
- Small diameter fasteners – especially when the fastener size needed is too small for a wrench.
- When phillips or slotted drivers are desired. For many high strength specialty alloys, only slotted drives are available.
- Low torque applications because the drivers don’t offer as much force as a wrench.
- Large diameter head provides more clamping area.
How Are They Different from Button Head Screws?
Vespel pan head and button head screws have very similar profiles however, button head screws allow for a hex socket driver whereas pan head screws do not.
Vespel Mechanical Data