- Excellent strength, and stiffness up to 500°F (260°C)
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance
- Chemically resistant to common chemicals including acids, salts, solvents, oils and steam
- Low out gassing, low particle generation and inherent purity
- Unique physical, thermal & electrical properties
- PEEK pan head screw features and benefits
PEEK or Victrex® pan head screws are made from polyetheretherketone polymers and offer a unique combination of properties for some of the most extreme applications. PEEK screws are known for their excellent wear resistance, best in class fatigue resistance, high purity and excellent chemical resistance to organics, acids and bases.
Depending on the application, PEEK pan head screws can be reinforced with glass fibers for improved strength and stiffness properties. Reinforced PEEK screws offer greater mechanical robustness especially in applications beyond 350°F (175°C).
PEEK screws are well suited for applications in chemical processing, electronics, transportation, healthcare and other industrial uses.
Screws made from customer specified PEEK grades are available upon request. See our online store (right side) for common PEEK pan head screws or contact us for specialty or quantity requests.
Pan head screws are flat on top and rounded on the sides. PEEK pan head screws are ideal for:
- Small diameter fasteners – especially when the fastener size needed is too small for a wrench.
- When phillips or slotted drivers are desired. For many high strength specialty alloys, only slotted drives are available.
- Low torque applications because the drivers don’t offer as much force as a wrench.
- Large diameter head provides more clamping area.
How Are They Different from Button Head Screws?
PEEK pan head and button head screws have very similar profiles however, button head screws allow for a hex socket driver whereas pan head screws do not.
Common PEEK Screw Grades
PEEK 100% / Unfilled
PEEK, with no fillers is unreinforced and 100% polymer. Even without glass or carbon fiber reinforcement, this one of the strongest polymers we offer and well suited for a variety of applications including FDA food contact and other applications requireing high purity.
PEEK Glass Fiber Reinforced
PEEK 30% Glass Fiber Reinforced provide the same chemical resistance and natural PEEK but nearly doubles in tensile strength.
PEEK Carbon Fiber Reinforced
PEEK 20% Carbon Fiber Reinforced provides approximately 2.5 times the strength of pure PEEK.
PEEK Extreme is our proprietary receipe for the highest strength PEEK utilizing carbon fiber reinforcement. This version of PEEK over 3 times stronger than standard unreinforced PEEK.