- Excellent strength, and stiffness up to 500°F (260°C)
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance
- Chemically resistant to common chemicals including acids, salts, solvents, oils and steam
- Low out gassing, low particle generation and inherent purity
- Unique physical, thermal & electrical properties
- PEEK socket head cap screw features and benefits
PEEK socket head cap screws or Victrex® socket head cap screws are made from polyetheretherketone polymers and offer a unique combination of properties for some of the most extreme applications. PEEK socket head cap screws are known for their excellent wear resistance, best in class fatigue resistance, high purity and excellent chemical resistance to organics, acids and bases.
Depending on the application, PEEK socket head cap screws can be reinforced with glass fibers for improved strength and stiffness properties. Reinforced PEEK socket head cap screws offer greater mechanical robustness especially in applications beyond 350°F (175°C).
PEEK socket head cap screws are well suited for applications in chemical processing, electronics, transportation, healthcare and other industrial uses.
Socket head cap screws made from customer specified PEEK grades are available upon request. See our online store (right side) for common PEEK socket head cap screws or contact us for specialty or quantity requests.
When it comes to PEEK socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a PEEK hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket head cap screws can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as PEEK socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
PEEK Socket Head Cap Screw Grades
PEEK 100% / Unfilled
PEEK, with no fillers is unreinforced and 100% polymer. Even without glass or carbon fiber reinforcement, this one of the strongest polymers we offer and well suited for a variety of applications including FDA food contact and other applications requireing high purity.
PEEK Glass Fiber Reinforced
PEEK 30% Glass Fiber Reinforced provide the same chemical resistance and natural PEEK but nearly doubles in tensile strength.
PEEK Carbon Fiber Reinforced
PEEK 20% Carbon Fiber Reinforced provides approximately 2.5 times the strength of pure PEEK.
PEEK Extreme is our proprietary receipe for the highest strength PEEK utilizing carbon fiber reinforcement. This version of PEEK over 3 times stronger than standard unreinforced PEEK.