The ultimate temperature resistant polymer
- Temperature resistant up to 300°C (572°F) continuous and 500°C (932°F) intermittent
- Low coefficient of friction and high wear resistance
- Chemically resistant to common solvents including acids, salts, and oils
- Low out gassing, low particle generation and inherent purity
- Unique physical, thermal & eletrical properties
- Polyimide / Vespel Socket Head Cap Screw features and benefits
Polyimide socket head cap screws or Vespel® socket head cap screws are made from an advanced temperature resistant polyimide resin. Polyimide or Vespel socket head cap screws offer a unique balance of mechanical, thermal, and chemical properties for outstanding performance in a variety of demanding applications such as automotive, machinery, industrial equipment, aerospace, and semiconductor equipment.
Polyimide or Vespel socket head cap screws also have the unique combination of properties such as excellent mechanical strength and toughness, exceptional radiation resistance, robust chemical resistance to many solvents, a low coefficient of thermal expansion, excellent creep resistance and flame retardance.
Polyimide socket head cap screws or Vespel socket head cap screws are available in both metric and standard sizes. Contact us to learn more about polyimide screws or Vespel screws properties and availability.
When it comes to polyimide / Vespel socket head cap screws, it’s all about clearance. These screws are the best choice for applications with limited installation access or clearance. Yet if you have an application with a lot of debris, you may want to select a polyimide / Vespel hex head bolt or hex head cap screw, as they don’t have a socket drive which could get clogged.
- Ideal for applications with limited access as they require very little clearance around the fastener.
- Socket heads can be used in locations where externally wrenched fasteners aren't desirable.
- Weight reduction on application as polyimide / Vespel socket head cap screws are smaller – being that the cylindrical heads of socket screws need less space than hex heads and require no additional wrench space.
- Also known for safety, reliability and economy.
Vespel Mechanical Data