- Exceptional temperature resistance up to 3000°F (1650°C)
- Outstanding corrosion resistance to acids, solvents, salts, and organics
- Excellent electrical & thermal insulator
- High purity
- Alumina pan head screw features and benefits
Alumina ceramic pan head screws are one of the most thermally resistant screws available. Due to their outstanding thermal resiustance, alumina ceramic screws are geared for the most demanding high temperature applications. Alumina ceramic screws also have outstanding corrosion resistance and are highly chemically resistant to acids, solvents, and salts. Additionally, alumina pan head screws find many uses in high voltage applications due to their non-conductive electrical properties.
Alumina ceramic screws are available in both metric and standard sizes. Please contact us if you have any questions about the properties or availability of our ceramic pan head screws.
Screws made from customer specified ceramic grades or custom dimensions are available upon request.
Pan head screws are flat on top and rounded on the sides. Alumina pan head screws are ideal for:
- Small diameter fasteners – especially when the fastener size needed is too small for a wrench.
- When phillips or slotted drivers are desired. For many high strength specialty alloys, only slotted drives are available.
- Low torque applications because the drivers don’t offer as much force as a wrench.
- Large diameter head provides more clamping area.
How Are They Different from Button Head Screws?
Aluminia ceramic pan head and button head screws have very similar profiles however, button head screws allow for a hex socket driver whereas pan head screws do not.
Common Ceramic Alumina Grades
Alumina ceramic or Aluminum oxide (Al203) is the most common grade of alumina ceramics and is designated as being 99.8% pure. Alumina is most known for high temperature stability and has a usable temperature limit of 3000°F (1650°C). Alumin has the greatest balance of economy, mechanical and thermal properties.
Various other compositions of alumina ceramic are available upon request.